The app industry is booming, and with nearly 5 million apps available in the Apple App Store and over 2.2 million in Google Play, it can be tough to make your app stand out from the rest.
If you’re looking to cash in on this lucrative market, you need to make sure your app is effectively marketed to potential users.
However, by optimizing your app data and following a few simple tips, you can improve your app’s visibility and rank in the App Store and Google Play search results, attracting more users and boosting your business.
But Before We Dive Deep Into That, Let Us First Understand What App Store Optimization is:
Getting your app into people’s hands is only half the battle. Once you have an app, you need to make sure people can find it.
App Store Optimization (ASO) is the process of improving the visibility and ranking of an app in an app store. It is similar to search engine optimization (SEO) but for app stores.
ASO is important because about 65% of app downloads come from app store searches. In fact, optimizing a mobile app for the App Store or Google Play Store can result in a significant increase in installs.
What are the Most Obvious App Store Optimization Tips?
There are many different ways to improve an app’s visibility and ranking in the app store. It commonly involves optimizing an app’s metadata (title, description, keywords, etc.) to improve its discoverability and ranking in the app store search results.
To Break it Down Further:
- Research keywords: Use keyword research to determine the best keywords to target for your app
- Optimize your app’s title and description: Make sure your title and description are keyword-rich
- Have screenshots of an app: You should attach proper screenshots of the app to give your audience a gist of the functionalities and UX of the app
The goal of ASO is to get more users to download an app by making it easier for them to find it in the app store. ASO is a long-term strategy that requires ongoing effort and regular updates to keep up with the ever-changing app stores.
But there are still some commonly accepted things that you should do when optimizing for an app store, as given below.
App Store Optimization Checklist
When submitting your app to an app store, it is important to optimize it for the best possible visibility and ranking. Optimizing your app for the app store can result in more downloads and a better user experience.
The Following is a Checklist of Things to do When Optimizing Your App for an App Store:
- Choose the right keywords.
- Research your competition.
- Optimize your title and description.
- Use high-quality screenshots.
- Localize your app.
- Use a relevant and keyword-rich title.
- Write a compelling description.
With that being said, it will also be essential for businesses to stay updated with the latest ASO trends to make the most of them. Hence, our next section.
App Store Optimization Strategies 2022 That You Should Not Overlook
The app store optimization (ASO) strategies of 2022 are going to be drastically different from the ASO tactics of 2020. If you want your app to rank highly in in-app store searches and achieve long-term success, you need to start preparing for these changes now.
Some of the Major Changes that Will Occur in the App Store Optimization Landscape are:
- The increasing importance of user reviews and ratings: One of the most important aspects of ASO is user reviews and ratings. They have always been a part of the algorithm, but their importance has been on the rise for a few years now and is only going to keep growing. The reason for this is that, as algorithms get more sophisticated, they can better assess the quality and value of an app. And user reviews and ratings are one of the best ways to determine this. They are also a great indicator of an app’s popularity and how engaged users are. All of this means that if you want your app to rank, you need to focus on obtaining better reviews and ratings.
- The rise of video previews as a ranking factor: Video previews are on the rise as a ranking factor and as an app store optimization strategy. They are predicted to be one of the most important aspects of app store optimization by 2022. Video previews are a great way to show off your app and its features. They can be used to increase downloads and conversions and can also help you rank higher in the App Store. In order to make the most of video previews, you need to make sure that they are high-quality and engaging. You should also make sure that they are properly optimized for the App Store. Video previews can be up to 30 seconds long, and they must be in landscape orientation. There are several ways to create video previews for an app. One way is to create a video demo of the app.
- The increasing use of machine learning and artificial intelligence in ASO: Machine learning (ML) and artificial intelligence (AI) are being used more and more in in-app store optimization (ASO) strategies. In 2022, they are used by the majority of app developers to improve their app ranking and visibility. Machine learning is a method of data analysis that allows computers to learn on their own by analyzing data. That is being used to improve ASO in several ways. For example, it is being used to identify which keywords are most relevant to a particular app. And then optimize the app’s metadata (title, description, etc.) accordingly.
- ASO will be more data-driven: The app stores are becoming more and more saturated with apps. That means that the competition to rank high in app store search results is becoming fiercer. In order to stay ahead of the competition, app developers and marketers will need to rely on data more than ever before. They will need to use data to track their app’s ranking. Likewise, they need to identify keywords that their app should rank for and determine what changes need to be made to their app’s metadata to improve their ranking.
- App developers will focus on retention: In order for an app to be successful, it’s not enough to just get people to install the app on their phones. It is also essential to make sure they don’t uninstall it right after installing the app. The app has to be created in a way to increase retention. The best way to achieve the same is by having great UX, UI, and useful functionalities for the users.
To Sum it Up
If you’re looking to boost your business, you’ll want to focus on App Store Optimization (ASO). It will improve your app’s visibility and drive more downloads.
In this article, we’ve given you five tips you can use to improve your app’s visibility and ranking. But if you’re looking for professional help, our team at Webgen Technologies can take care of everything for you. Contact us today for a consultation!Views: 649