If you plan to build a mobile application like Uber, you are in the right place. We will discuss in this blog how to develop an application resembling Uber, its features, and its costs. So let’s get started!
A little about Uber:
Since its inception in 2009, Uber has taken the world by storm and fundamentally changed how we think about urban transportation. Uber is a popular ride-sharing service that allows users to book and track their rides in real time. The application, as of December 31, 2021, is available in 72 countries and 10,500 cities. The revenue of Uber Technologies Inc. stands at $8.343 billion for the quarter ending September 30, 2022.
But the top mobile app development companies in India will tell you that building a Uber-like mobile application is not an uncomplicated task and requires careful planning and execution. However, with the right team in place, it is definitely achievable.
As such, if you want to build a mobile application that offers similar functionality to Uber, you’re not alone. Here, we will look at what it takes to develop an application like Uber, including the key features and costs.
Keep reading to learn more!
What are the steps to building an application as such?
As the best mobile app development company in Kolkata, we will give you all the steps to building an Uber-like application, and you can trust them to be exhaustive in themselves.
Market Research: For creating an application like that, you need to research the transportation industry and get a proper grip on the target audience, market, and business model. It will help you understand whether or not people would use your application. It will also enable you to work on a robust business model focusing on revenue generation. It is vital for any business. Also, it will help you make an informed decision about how to build it and what technology you should use for it.
Select a Business Model: The second step is to make a proper business plan. That involves creating a detailed blueprint of how the app will function, what the user flow will be, what features are to include, and how the application will generate revenue. Most taxi app development companies state that one should have a clear business plan before starting the development process.
Put together a team to help you build it: When you’re ready to build an application, you will need a team of experienced professionals. There are many taxi app developers in India. This team will develop, test, and launch the application. Without a strong team in place, it will be challenging to create a successful application. Here you will need to invest a lot of time and money. You will need to hire a team of developers to build the application and test it to ensure it works properly.
Some of the key players on your team should include a project manager, a designer, a developer, and a marketer. The project manager will help keep the project on track and ensure everyone works together efficiently. The designer will create the user interface and user experience. The developer will code the application, as they will be skilled in the Uber-like app source code, and ensure that it works properly. And the marketer will be responsible for promoting the application and getting people to download it.
Prototyping: The third step is to create a prototype of the application. That will give you a better idea of how it will look and feel. It allows you to make changes to the design and flow of the application before starting the actual development process.
Start building an MVP: Once the prototype is ready, the fourth step is to start the development process for an MVP. It includes coding, testing, and deploying the application on the App Store. An MVP, or minimum viable product, is vital in developing any application, including one like Uber. By definition, an MVP is a product with just enough features to satisfy early customers and provide feedback for future development. In other words, it’s the bare minimum needed to get your application up and running on the internet.
Marketing: The fifth step is launching and marketing it to people. This step is crucial to ensure that the application reaches the target audience. Marketing is possible through various channels, such as social media, paid ads, and PR.
Further development: The development of an Uber-like application does not end after building the MVP. In fact, it is only a step in a long process. After the MVP has been developed and marketing has started to help you find your first customers, the next step is to develop the application further. That usually involves adding new features and improving existing ones.
However, it is crucial to note that the development process does not end here. It must also be tested and monitored for bugs and issues. In fact, you should repeat the steps from the start with better insights and direction from a product already on the market. You can now also work on the feedback garnered from your audience.
Security: Fraud prevention and ensuring security are the final steps of developing an application like Uber. That is because once the application is live, many people will use it, and there is a risk that some of them may try to commit fraud. It must have a robust security system to identify and stop fraudulent activity to prevent this.
Additionally, it must also have a way to ensure that all payments made through the application are secure and cannot be intercepted or tampered with. That is possible by implementing measures such as verifying the identity of users, monitoring activity for suspicious behavior, and ensuring that all payments are securely processed. With these measures, you can help ensure that your application is safe and secure for both users and businesses.
The steps involved in building an application that resembles Uber are exceedingly straightforward. However, the process requires much time, money, and effort. If you are planning to develop an application like Uber, you must be prepared to invest a significant amount of resources into the project.
Building an application like Uber is a very complex process, but it is doable if you have a great idea and are willing to invest the time and resources into the project.
What features will it have?
Now that we understand the steps of developing an Uber-like application. Let’s know how the taxi app works. That involves understanding the features. Many features are necessary for an app like Uber. Most Android development companies in India break it into three groups to simplify it. One is for passengers, the second is for drivers, and the third is for the admin panel.
Passenger features include:
- GPS tracking
- Real-time updates
- The ability to hail a ride
- The ability to pay for transportation
- The capability of rating drivers
- The capability of viewing driver ratings
- The ability to view projected wait times
- The ability to locate the driver
- The ability to reschedule a ride
- The ability to view estimated fares
Features for drivers:
When designing an app like Uber, one should take many features into account for drivers to provide a safe, efficient, and user-friendly experience.
Some of the features to include are:
- Driver verification: This ensures that only licensed and reputable drivers use the app, providing users with a sense of security when using the service.
- GPS Tracking: This will allow drivers to see where they are and how to go to their destination.
- Turn-by-turn navigation: This will give drivers step-by-step instructions on how to reach their destination.
- Traffic information: The information will help drivers avoid traffic jams and plan their routes accordingly.
- Road closure information: The information will assist drivers in avoiding closed or under-construction roads.
- Weather information: It will assist drivers in planning their route and avoiding driving in inclement weather.
- Points of interest: This will help drivers find gas stations, restaurants, and other businesses.
- Fare information: This information should include the destination, estimated time, and estimated cost.
- Trip alerts: Trip alerts are a feature that will notify drivers of an upcoming trip and when they are approaching their destination.
- Push notifications: The app will need to send push notifications to keep riders and drivers up to date on the status of their rides.
- Revenue reports: These will assist drivers in keeping track of their earnings and determining how much they earn. And drivers can also improve their earnings by seeing where they are making the most money and where they can improve.
- A means of communication: The app should provide a way for drivers to communicate with riders. That could be in the form of a chat function or a call function.
- Payment system: The app should have an easy-to-use payment system that is easy to use. And that takes a percentage of the fare.
- Earnings from quests: With this feature, drivers can earn money for completing a certain number of trips. That is a great way to incentivize drivers to keep using your app. And it can also help you attract new drivers to your platform.
- Waiting time: It allows drivers to be ready when a ride request is received. Without this feature, drivers would have to continuously check their app to see if a ride was requested, which would be frustrating and inefficient.
- Heat maps: These maps will show drivers where the most demand for rides is, allowing them to plan their day more effectively. The heat map will be updated in real time so that drivers always have the most up-to-date information.
- Forward Dispatch: It allows drivers to see the destination of a trip before accepting it. That can be useful for drivers who want to plan their route in advance or avoid certain areas.
- Map view: The app should display a map of the driver’s current location and potential fares’ locations.
- Options for managing passenger and driver
- Review and feedback management options
- Managing locations and fare
- Taxi booking management
- Managing payments
- Managing notifications
- Best route management
- Passenger and user support
- Outlet for creating promotions and discounts
- Integration with multiple analytics tools, AI, and more for in-app analytics
What will be the cost of building an app like Uber?
The cost of building an app like Uber will depend on several factors, including the features you want to include, the platform you want to build it on, and the developers you hire to do the work. You can hire an iOS app development company if you are to build an app for the platform, and it will also affect the taxi app development cost.
You can expect to pay a pretty penny if you want to include all of the Uber features. However, if you’re willing to sacrifice some components and build a more basic app, you can bring down the cost somewhat.
The platform you choose to build your app on will also affect the cost. If you want to develop an iOS app, you can expect to pay more than if you create an Android app. That is because iOS apps tend to be more expensive to develop.
Finally, the developers you hire to build your app will also affect the cost. However, we can make a few rough estimates based on the prices of similar apps.
Generally speaking, the cost of building an app like Uber will fall approximately between $56,000 and $115,000. Of course, the final expense will depend on several factors, including the size and complexity of the app, the development team you hire, and the length of the development process.
If you are building an app like Uber, the best way to get an accurate estimate is to consult a mobile app development company like ours. They will be able to assess your specific needs and give you a more precise idea of what it will cost to build your app.
Now that we have discussed the essentials of how to develop an Uber-like taxi app and what goes into the development process of taxi booking app software and more, you can check out our other blogs on taxi app development for more information.Views: 385